Dear parents and carers,
In order to mark World Book Day on Thursday 4th March 2021, we will be offering a range of activities across the week for our students. These will include:
· Learn about a different author every day
· Design a bookmark competition
· Design a new book cover for your favourite book
· Class story writing activity
· Dress as your favourite book character if you wish (Thursday 4th March 2021)
· A World Book Day online drama session led by Reach Out Arts UK (up to Year 9)
· A World Book Day quiz for our older students
· World Book Day book tokens to be issued to students when they return to school
For more ideas and activities for you to use at home, click on the following link:
Zoom presentation for parents and carers
In addition to this, there will be an opportunity for you to attend a remote Zoom presentation where I will be talking about the importance of reading and what you can do to support your child in this area.
The first of these will take place on Tuesday 2nd March 2021 at 3.30pm - 4pm for lower school parents and carers. Here is the link:
The second of these will take place on Thursday 4th March 2021 3.30pm - 4pm for upper school parents and carers.
If you have not received your invite via e mail, please e mail DHT@pennfields.com
I do hope that you and the children enjoy these events.
Mrs B Whitmore (Head of English)