Free School Meal (FSM) Update for February Half Term
We are writing to let you know that children and young people with a current protected-benefit-related Free School Meals (FSM) claim are being offered free access to food, funded through the City of Wolverhampton Council’s Household Support Fund, during the February 2022 half-term holiday week (21 to 27 February 2022).
To access this support, your child must be in Reception to Year 13 inclusive, attending a qualifying Wolverhampton school or Academy and have a current protected-benefit-related Free School Meals (FSM) in place. You will need to register your interest online at www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/February between Friday 28 January and Sunday 6 February 2022 inclusive, if your child is attending a qualifying setting in Wolverhampton and:
· Your child has a current / protected FSM claim in place; or
· You meet the statutory eligibility criteria for benefits-related Free School Meals (FSM), not Universal Infant Free School Meals (UIFSM)
· If you don’t meet these requirements, please contact your children’s schools, childcare provider or other educational setting to discuss your circumstances in confidence.
· If you don't have access to the internet, you can apply by calling the Stay Safe Be Kind helpline on (01902) 290241 (during office hours) between Monday 31 January and Friday 4 February 2022 inclusive.
UIFSM are free meals provided to all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2, regardless of their family circumstances. These are only available during term-time to children who are attending school. You will be able to choose a vegetarian option when you apply online or by phone; if your child has a medically-authenticated food hypersensitivity (allergy / intolerance), you will need to contact your child’s school to make a referral on your child’s behalf.
Help with your application
· Please only apply once
· When your application has been successfully submitted, you will see a message on the screen and receive an automated acknowledgement email to the address provided on application
· If you don’t have access to the internet, or don’t have an email address please:
o Contact your children’s schools – they can help you to complete your application; or
o Call the Stay Safe, Be Kind Helpline on 01902 290241 (during office hours, Mondays to Fridays, excluding Bank Holidays). If you call before Monday 31 January 2022, they will not be able to help you with your application
The deadline to apply is Sunday 6 February 2022
If you do not apply before this date, your children will not be able to access this support during the February 2022 half-term holiday, even if they are eligible to receive benefits-related Free School Meals (FSM) during term-time.
If your application is successful
· Successful applicants will receive a further confirmation email by Sunday 13 February 2022
· This email will include information about how to access this support
· If you think that you should have received a confirmation email but you haven’t by Sunday 13 February 2022, please first check your ‘junk/spam’ email folder, then call the Stay Safe Be Kind helpline on 01902 290241 (during office hours, Mondays to Fridays, excluding Bank Holidays) or email email@example.com between Monday 14 and Friday 18 February 2022. You will need to provide a copy of the acknowledgement email you received when you completed your application online or by phone
Support is available to all residents of the City of Wolverhampton in need at this time. More information is available at the Council’s Household Support Fund and Stay Safe Be Kind pages, the Government’s free and impartial Money Helper Service or contact Citizens Advice for free, reliable information. Visit www.yowolves.co.uk for more information about services and activities available for children and young people across the City of Wolverhampton.
If you urgently need help with providing food for your children, please contact your children’s school/s or call the Stay Safe Be Kind helpline on 01902 290241 (during office hours, Mondays to Fridays, excluding Bank Holidays) to discuss your circumstances in confidence.